Translate

Monday, August 1, 2022

Bye for now.

This is a post I wrote two weeks ago and am posting now. Please stay for the update at the end.


July 30, 2022


Hello Friends,

First of all, I want to thank all of you who have visited this little corner of the blogosphere from time to time. I hope you've found something of value. Notwithstanding, I've decided to suspend operations for a while, partly because I want to write other things, but mostly because most of what I have to say is already being said--and said better--by other writers. 

It may be that blogging with its particular set of demands is not a good fit for me, as I take for-freakin'-ever to finish each piece. Those who do it well--there's a not-comprehensive list in the sidebar--do it regularly, which means they are able to do it briskly. I am not.

Please continue to join me on twitter where I'll carry on sharing my thoughts about the intersection of politics and education and doing my best to add to the conversation. 

Until we meet again.




Update: Never mind. 

Yes, all of that is true, but just because other people are saying it doesn't mean it's not worth saying again. We should be hammering these truths over and over again to break through the noise and disinformation. Anything I can do to help amplify these important voices is worth doing. 

So I'm going to keep going. It may be only once every couple of weeks, and I may focus more on what's happening here in Los Angeles, and sometimes it might even be a short story or an excerpt from my book, but I like this little corner of the world. I think I'll stay.

Hope you will, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment