Translate

Monday, November 8, 2021

 I'm here to learn.

Listen, I'm going to make mistakes. I'm teaching myself how to be a more public person using technological platforms that are new to me. It's not that different from learning the nuances of a new Learning Management System (UGH!) or creating a class website, but it's going to take some time. I want to try some things just for fun. What I'm saying is... I could use a little patience and some help. 

When I screw up by writing something that seems like it could be insensitive, or I write too much or too little, or I use a geezer word to describe something that might not even exist anymore (videoTAPE hello!), please let me know and I'll try to do better. 

Nothing I'll be writing will be intended to hurt anyone--not even crappy teachers I've worked with or loathsome administrators I've known. But it will be true and that means it might sting a bit. It should. If you suck at your job or you are lazy or vindictive, you should know it. And you should know that we know. I don't want you injured, just employed in a different field. Like brain surgeon. That way you can only kill one person at a time.

Next post we'll put some meat on these bones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment